Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Planes, Trains and, oh wait, just Automobiles


When we made the move to Texas, Ricky sold his beloved Audi A4 as it had major engine malfunction and we didn't want to move a broken car. Since we arrived in San Antonio, I have been searching desperately for a car for him. We inititally thought we would get a silver A4 but after dealing with a very shady seller, we ended up not buying the car. I found a nice red Audi for sale on Craigslist during my first week of work. When I called the sellers, they were going on vacation for ten days but promised to call when they returned. Weeks passed and I thought they had forgotten about us but then they called last week! Their son bought the car while he was in the military and then was deployed for service. The car didn't get much use and for the past few years, it's just been sitting in his parents' driveway. After waiting patiently for the power of attorney to be transferred to his parents, we were able to pick up the car on Sunday. Ricky was, of course, excited to have his own wheels (FINALLY!) and I was glad that we found such a good deal. (You know how I love a bargain.) Oh, and the picture above is of an identical twin to the one we bought. I took a picture this morning but in my sleepy haze, I accidentally deleted it. I'll post more later on.


The Audi, sporty and fun as it may be, is also a "stick." Ricky has always owned manual vehicles and I have been asking to learn how to drive them but my words fell on deaf ears. Now that we're married and JOINTLY own the Audi, I'm demanding my first driving lesson this week. I have a feeling it's not going to be pretty and I've asked Ricky to post his own blog about his experience teaching me to drive. Look for updates soon.


Life is good. We officially hit our one month Texas citizen mark and our 3 month wedding anniversary. Ricky is still searching for a job while I am getting into a good routine with mine. I am considering changing our schedule from a 4.5 day work week to a 4 day week starting in January. My third dental assistant returns from maternity leave in September and I'm eager to get to know her. Many patients have already asked why some of the things I do are so much better than the previous dentist. I guess I should call UK and thank them for their awesome education.

No comments:

Post a Comment