Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dr. Lauren and the Health Fair


Monday I started my third week as Dr. Lauren at Wilson Community Dental. We had our first annual health fair today which was a big success! Our entire center participated (medical, mental health and dental) and we saw about 100 members of the community. Everyone was excited to get some dental freeness (toothbrushes, of course!) and fill out new patient applications. Medical offered blood pressure screenings and blood sugar testing. There was also a fun raffle equipped with items donated from local businesses. I won a fragrance diffuser which is now gracing our guest bathroom. My other dental assistant, Halie, also stopped by to say hello as she is out on maternity leave with her new baby boy, Lawson. You can see my other two assistants, Angie and Pedro below. I forgot to get a picture of Justine, our practice manager, who is expecting a baby in April. We will also be adding a dental hygienist to our little practice in December after the two additional operatories are completed. Right now, I get to do my own hygiene work which I secretly enjoy:)

My office renovations are still in process. I have to order some sort of table/entertainment center to hold my microwave, stereo and small fridge. It's set up in a hilariously ghetto arrangement right now with my stereo and refrigerator on the floor and my microwave on a chair. I was too embarrassed to take a picture of that.

My desk and comfy office chair. In person it looks a lot less cluttered.


Angie and Pedro. Awesome Assistants!
Pedro's 2 year old brother, Noah, visited us at the health fair. Isn't he so cute?!


Halie came to visit, minus adorable baby Lawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment