Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chef Ricky!


In true Ricky and Lauren style, we have switched into our temporary roles of me going off to work and Ricky staying at home. Ricky is currently looking for a new awesome engineering job and serving as the "househusband." Everyday I come home to a clean house, laundry being done and a tasty dinner. I've been helping with dinner since I love cooking and am usually home by 6 but last night, Ricky cooked all on his own. I've often said that my husband should go to culinary school because he really is a great cook. Last night proved my point again as we had Italian grilled chicken breasts, grilled red peppers and homemade pesto and fettuccine. (See the picture above.) It was great and although I want Ricky to find a job he loves, I will definitely miss my househusband when he's gone.


In other news, Ricky and I are going to Austin on Saturday to visit IKEA to do some furniture shopping. I get my first big girl paycheck on August 7th and we definitely have room in the budget for decor! I am excited about making our new house a home and finally having furniture that doesn't look like it should be in a college apartment! When the new furniture arrives, I'll certainly send pictures.


Work is going well. I'm actually there right now so obviously we aren't very busy. I've been doing mostly evaluations, consults and new patient exams but will do some restorative (AKA: fillings) this afternoon. The patients, for the most part, have all been very excited to have a new dentist. Apparently the former dentist wasn't very popular with the staff or the patients. I am in the process of redecorating my office and improving the smell. I'm not really sure what my predecessor did in here but it smells funny to me. There's also a random toaster that he left behind that I need to get to Goodwill ASAP. I have some pictures up right now but I have more to hang. I also need to find cute desk accessories because this industrial black plastic just isn't working for me. One of my assistants, Pedro (yes, I have a straight, male dental assistant! It's so nice to have someone break up the estrogen:)) is working with me to find posters that we can hang in the office. When I'm satisfied with my office, I'll post some before and after pictures:)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for IKEA, office redecorations, and cute desk accessories! FYI: www.seejanework.com is my favorite office supplies website. Have fun shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete