Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dolla, Dolla Bills Y'all!




Man, I do love yard sales! Wait, let me correct that, I love HAVING yard sales. It's so fun getting paid for crap you never use. My friend Emily (former awesome Matron of Honor) graciously allowed me to add to her neighborhood yard sale in Richmond on Saturday. People rushed in from all around the county in search of some good bargains. I am looking forward to decorating our new apartment in Texas (see: www.whiterockapts.com if you want to see where we'll live!) and I have no intention of hanging on to junk I've had since college. Among the items sold: Two coffee pots, old bookshelves, a foot spa, winter clothes, two sets of dishes and all of my old silverware. Emily was able to sell her husband's old X-BOX to an adult female "gamer" who was very excited to find it. All items that were not sold were graciously donated to Goodwill. Everyone was very friendly despite the intense heat and humidity. Ricky and I sold bottled water to patrons as well and it was much appreciated. We will happily use the 100 bucks we made to buy new things for our new home so that we can make new exciting memories.

1 comment:

  1. girl, you've made the yard sale rounds this summer! :) hope it went well! (really cute blog, by the way!) love, alex

    ReplyDelete