Thursday, February 11, 2010

Everything's Bigger in Texas!
















Texas has been such a fun state to live in. I have never met people who are so proud of where they live. Although the abundance of Texas decorations can be a bit annoying, Texans definitely take pride in making their state the best one in the US. One fun aspect of Texas is its oversized food. While watching Man Vs. Food (http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Man_V_Food) I saw an episode about Texas featuring San Antonio and Austin. San Antonio is home of the biggest pizza in the US...the 42 inch monster at Big Lou's pizza. Big Lou's is a small, family owned restaurant that specializes in Italian food. They made the monster pizza as part of a promotion a few years ago and it was so popular that it was placed on their regular menu. One slice is approximately 16 inches long and can be topped with whatever your heart desires. Their specialty is the BBQ brisket pizza (typical Texas cuisine) but we had a half cheese and half pepperoni sausage and vegetable pizza. We attempted to tackle the pizza with our friends Nandini, Ted and Kila. We quickly found out that we needed about 3 more friends. We all finished two slices (I am still not sure how) and had six remaining. I am glad I can say I tried the monster 42 inch Big Lou's pizza because I never want to try again!







No comments:

Post a Comment